Please review this Policy carefully. By using the Services, you agree to the personal data practices explained below. If you do not agree with these practices, please do not use the Services, or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
We may modify this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account or by means of notice through the Services prior to the change becoming effective. Amendments to the Policy are effective immediately when posted on this site. Your continued use of the Services after posting of amendments will be deemed your acceptance of the changes to this Policy.
You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the date it was “Last Updated” above.
1. Collection of Information
When you interact with us and our Services, including through a connected Product, Stack will collect information about you, including “personal information” and “non-identifying information.”
“Personal information” means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you, such as name, telephone number, email address, physical address, and payment information.
“Non-identifying information” means information that alone cannot directly identify you, such as product serial numbers, log data that automatically records information about your visit, such as your browser type, domains, page views, the URL of the page that referred you, the URL of the page you next visit, your IP address, and page navigation, unique device ID collected from Products and your mobile devices, data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, the country and time zone of the connected Product, data about the operation Product and the environment the Product is operating in, geo-location, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
2. How We Collect Your Information
Stack collects personal information about you through the Services in several ways.
- When you register with Services and activate Products: You voluntarily provide us with personal information when you create your account to use Services or register a Product for online access (“Account”). In addition, when you install and activate Products, you will be asked to provide certain basic information via our Services, such as your camera name, the camera’s verification code, and serial number, which are unique to the Product connected to the Services and associated with your Account.
- When you purchase Products from us or subscribe to paid services: When you pre-order or makes purchases through our Services, we request that you provide your payment information, such as a credit card number, account security code, name, address, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction and ship the Product to you. Your personal information will be saved as your user profile in your Account, including payment information for recurring charges.
- When you elect to refer the Services to a friend: Through our Services, you may be able to invite other people such as friends or family to use Services and download our mobile app. We collect that person’s email address to automatically send an email invitation on your behalf. We collect this information to send this email, to register your friend or family member if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation services. In order to refer a friend, you must first obtain the consent from the person being referred to provide information on their behalf and inform them that they will be receiving a communication from Stack.
- When you connect your Services’ Account, or share content, with your social networking account: When you connect or link to our Services via social networking sites, including by sharing via your social networking account, such as Facebook, we collect your profile information from your social networking account. For information on what information is shared with us, please review the privacy settings in your social media account or the permission screen presented at the time of connection.
- When you contact us for support: When you respond to our e-mails, contact our customer service, or use other customer support tools, we collect your information to provide you with support, verify your identity with your Account profile information, and confirm your Product.
Stack collects non-identifying information through the Services in several ways.
- When you elect to visit a third party site from the Services: Our Services may also contain links to other websites operated by third parties and may include social media features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons (such as “Like,” “Tweet” or “Pin”). We record your interaction with these links.
- Operational Data: When you use the Product’s various features, we may collect and process operational data from the Product such as temperature, ambient light, activity and energy usage. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of this data as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. We may process information from your Product so that we can send you alerts when something happens.
This Policy does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
3. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and your preferences. However, you can limit the information you provide to Stack as well as the communications you receive from Stack through your Account preferences.
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your Account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your Account and your transactions on the Services.
Cookies and Tracking
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain Third-Party Ad-Servers and Stack served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool, the About Ads Opt-Out Tool, or on TRUSTe’s site.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with Stack by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
4. How Stack Uses Information
In order to provide a better user experience, we, or our vendors on our behalf, use information collected as described in this Policy to:
- Operate, maintain, improve, and develop our Services and Products;
- To personalize your experience with our Services and Products;
- Increase the safety of our Services and Products – for example, for user authentication, security protection, fraud detection, filing, and backups;
- Provide you with interest-based ads and offers for products and services from us;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed through our Services;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about our products and services;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as auditing, administration of our Services, forum management, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms of Service, or to comply with the law;
- Allow you to save and share content through our Services; and to
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
Unless you choose to unsubscribe, Stack may contact you by sending electronic communications in order to inform you about new products and services. We also may use information collected as described in this Policy with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
5. How We Share Your Information
The following are the limited situations where we may share personal information:
- We use service providers, vendors, technicians and other third-parties to help us process, store, and protect some of your data and otherwise help us administer our Products and Services effectively, provide a better user experience, process your purchases, and increase the quality of our Products and Services. These third-parties are prohibited from using your personal information for non-Stack purposes and are required to protect your information in accordance with this Policy.
- We may provide information to third-parties if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to do so. For example, to comply with legal orders and government requests; response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; to protect the interests of our customers and users of the Stack Service; to respond to claims that any content posted or displayed using the Stack Service violates the rights of third parties; in an emergency protect the health and safety of users of the Stack Service or the general public; or to enforce compliance with our Terms of Service.
- If Stack and/or all or part of our assets are ever sold or transferred, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred.
- We share information to protect our own legitimate business interests when we believe in good faith that we are required or permitted by law to do so. For example, we may share your personal information as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; to combat fraud or criminal activity; to protect our rights or those of our affiliates and users; or as part of legal proceedings affecting Stack.
We may also disclose non-identifiable information (for example, aggregated or anonymized data) publicly or with third-parties. For example, we may share non-identifiable information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal information;
- to better understand how our customers interact with our Services and Products, in order to optimize your experience, improve our products, or provide better services;
- for our own research and data analytics;
- with our vendors for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads;
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads on the Services and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads; or
- for any lawful purpose.
6. Securing Your Personal Information
Stack has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information.
Notwithstanding the above, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Stack cannot guarantee that your personal information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our Services, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Keeping your personal information current helps ensure that we provide you with the most relevant offers. You can access and update your personal information via your Account profile. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile and data, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases through our Services for financial reporting and compliance reasons. In addition, because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete certain information, we may temporarily retain backup copies of such information before it is permanently deleted.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. We will also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Social Networks
9. Children’s Privacy
Stack does not intend that any portion of its Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. Our Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through our Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that an account is associated with a registered user who is not at least 18 years old, we will promptly delete information associated with that account. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
10. International Users
The Services is intended for United States residents. Your personal information will be collected and stored in the United States, and subject to the laws of the United States. If you reside in a country outside the United States, please note that the data protection and privacy laws of the United States may not be as protective as the laws in your country. You are solely responsible for compliance with foreign laws, not Stack, when you provide your personal information and use the Services from outside the United States. You agree that the laws of the United States will govern the processing of your personal information, including any obligations of security and third party sharing.
11. California Privacy Rights
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Policy. You can reach us online at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address: Stack Labs, Inc. 10051 Imperial Ave, Cupertino, CA 95014. Please provide: (i) your name and preferred method of contact; and (ii) the details of your request or comment along with any corresponding website links.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Stack pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or address stated above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
12. Contacting Stack
Should you have any questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com or via postal mail at the following address: Stack Labs, Inc. 10051 Imperial Ave, Cupertino, CA 95014.